If padel has become the fastest growing sport in the world, it’s because it has so many benefits. A smart mix of many racquet sports that makes it unique and terribly addictive…
3 CORE VALUES OF PADEL
- Less physical effort is required than in tennis or racquetball
- Longer rallies due to the small size of the court and fences
- More time playing and less time picking up ball
- 50mins of play per hour versus only 15mins of play for tennis!
- Players learn how to play relatively quickly and improve fast
- The point starts with a underhanded serve which is an easy shot to make and to return
- There are two chances to return the ball, before and after it hits the glass
- The racquet is very easy to handle
- Unlike other sports, players can start doing rallies immediately
- It’s a team sport, only played in doubles
- Having 4 people on a small court at the same time brings everyone closer, making social conversation between players an integral part of the game
- It is a entertaining sport to watch with spectacular points
- It is a intergenerational game, in which children, grandparents and parents can play all together
A GAME FOR EVERYONE
Kids can start playing padel very young, from 4 years old only. They love playing padel because the game is relatively easy for them and they can start doing rallies immediately. There is also a lot of other games you can do on a padel court to have fun!
Also padel is interesting for them because it promotes teamwork, as well as hand-eye coordination.
Women also found in padel another way to play sports. It remains a great workout without being too demanding physically or technically, like tennis or squash. As a matter of fact, the number of women playing padel at an amateur level has doubled over the last 2 years.
Today, approximately 30% of the players are women vs 15% in tennis.
How many sports give the chance to people to play with their grandkids? Not much, but good news is padel is definitely one of them! It is truly a cross-generational game, that allows seniors to play with the whole family while enjoying a good workout.
For them, it represents the perfect intermediate between tennis and golf.